North Warrandyte Siphon
Yarra Valley Water
North Warrandyte, Victoria
Melbourne Pipelines Team
Glenn Thompson Steve Avramovski
The North Warrandyte scheme has been separated into several construction packages, one of those being the North Warrandyte Siphon. This project relates to the construction of the Siphon and associated works. The Siphon, which goes under the Yarra River, is required to service approximately 1000 properties in North Warrandyte. With the majority of the reticulation construction completed the timing and execution of this project program was critical for the success of the project.
What we accomplished:
The scope of this project that MPL completed for Yarra Valley Water was:
- Set out, service locating and proving.
- Site preparation and earthworks including site fill and disposal of excess excavated materials.
- Supply of all materials, plant and labour required for the project.
- Installation of pipelines and emergency relief structure (up to 4m deep and DN355 PE in size).
- Installation of dual siphon under the Yarra River and PE welding (up to 10m deep and DN355 PE in size).
- Connection to the existing sewer (live sewer works).
- Acceptance testing and asset recording.
- Reinstatement works.