Melbourne Pipelines is exploring opportunities to complete construction projects in a more sustainable fashion to minimise our ecological footprint.
As encouraged by YVW, Melbourne Pipelines have developed a greenhouse gas strategy to become greenhouse gas neutral in all construction operations . As part of this increased environmental awareness Melbourne Pipelines have introduced or are investigating the following measures:
- Office paper and cardboard recycling.
- Recycling bins at construction sites.
- Energy efficient globes.
- Using recycled water for our drill rigs.
- Silt protection of waterways.
- Becoming 100% greenhouse gas neutral in all construction operations.
- Coffee mugs as opposed to paper cups on-site.
- Paperless office in relation to use of tablets for our Integrated Management System.
- Use of solar power where efficient to do so.
- Tree protection fencing.
- Spill clean up practices.